10 Questions for Writers
June 29, 2012 § Leave a comment
Hey all you writers out there, I have a few questions for you.
1. Why do you write? When did you start?
2. What emotions flow through you as you write?
3. How would you describe your state of mind as you write? Are you very conscious of each word choice, revising things as you go along? Or do you get sucked in for stretches of time?
4. What do you write about? What inspires you?
5. How do you start a writing session? How do you end it?
6. What themes does your work tend to explore?
7. Do you switch up your style, or stay with what you know? Do the books you read reflect a similar style?
8. What have you learned about yourself through your writing? What have you learned about others in your life?
9. What personal struggles in your past or present inform your writing?
10. Looking back over your journey as writer, how have you grown? In what areas do you want to improve?
I’m dying to know your thoughts on these! You don’t have to answer all ten, just give me some general thoughts! What is the writing process like for you?